Afternoon guys,will these SD cards be ok for the mini 5 pro,the 256 in the drone & the 128 in the remote.
Hi Andy ![]()
I personally use the Lexar Silver Plus micro sd cards as they have a better for Zero Dropped Frames and Drone footage records at high bitrates. The Lexar Professional Silver Plus offers a much higher write ceiling (up to 150MB/s), which acts as a safety buffer. This prevents stuttering or corrupted files if your drone spikes its recording bitrate during complex, fast-moving scenes.
DJI Compatibility: Leading drone manufacturer DJI explicitly includes the Lexar Silver Plus on its officially tested and recommended accessory list for high-end models like the Mavic, Air, and Mini series. The Blue series is left off these performance.
Faster Offloads: When you’re back from a shoot, the Silver’s 205MB/s read speeds mean you can dump hundreds of gigabytes of 4K footage onto your laptop significantly faster than you could with a Blue card.
I use only the 512gb they are expensive but i have used them for years with no problems with footage.
Hi, you can also use the scandisk extrame in your mini 5 also recommended by DJI, SD cards are expensive again but you really do get what you pay for and there are a lot of cheap fakes out there also you are looking for a card with the following
specifications UHS-I, A2, U3, V30, Class 10, 4K UHD microSDXC, this spec allows you to record in real time up to UHD without glitches or issues.
Thanks toolman,I’ve purchased these 2 that DJI recommended,I’ll put the 256 in the handset &?128 in the drone.
I’d probably go the other way round with the bigger card in the drone as that’s hi res video and bigger files, The controller records at a lower resolution and maybe a bit of audio if you add a mic to the controller.
Thanks Westbury,that’s what I’ve heard before,the bigger one in the drone,but someone mentioned the other way round,I wasn’t going to argue with him but I’m glad you suggested that way.
Andy
Having a few drones in my opinion as long as you stick with the A2 class you will be fine.
Unsure if you can have a u3 or bucket 3, that’s the three symbol lol, without it being A2, so any A2 will also have the ‘3’ afaik
One thing that I can say for sure is :
buy 4 or more smaller cards. When you change battery swap the cards.
If you’re drone crashes or sinks you will have the footage at the last battery change ![]()
Losing a days worth, or a holiday is worth, of footage with a 512 card is not pleasant, so don’t take the chance.
If you buy an adapter for your phone you can offload the data that night to a folder. Then that card goes back into the reserves.
Hope that helps, it’s the best advice I can give


