I recently got my first drone, a DJI Lito X1. Got the firmware updates on both the remote and the drone done, registered for a drone operator ID and all that, and now I’m trying to set up the UAS Remote ID but I can’t seem to find the option anywhere on the menus. I’ve looked up in the instruction manual and in multiple pages online but the option is not where they say it is. The chat bot on the DJI website wasn’t helpful either. Any idea what I might be missing here?
Someone else will need to confirm, but it is my understanding that if it doesn’t show up in the app under the ellipsis in the top right hand corner → Safety → UAS Remote ID then you will need to check that you are running the latest firmware and software and try again. I have also heard that it may only show up once mandatory i.e. 2028.
Hey @WalkingBeard welcome to the Hub!
Both the remote and drone are definitely on the latest firmware versions, and it really isn’t showing on the place that documentation says (Menu → Safety → UAS Remote ID)
I think I figured this one out. I’ve been trying to set up and test the drone indoors. Once I went outside and got a GPS signal the option became available.
Yes, that makes sense. Did you manage to try it yet?