3D Printing gamechangers

There used to be a lot of chatter on fpvhub.co.uk about these new fangled things called 3D printers. 10 years ago, I bought my first 3D printer and got busy printing all manner of useful (and downright pointless) extras for model, radio or anything else that could conveivably need an “upgrade”.

At the time, small racing quadcopters frames were new and expensive and so I (along with many others I suspect), designed and sold a little quadcopter frame kit you could print yourself. It’s still up on K-Quad 250mm multirotor Quad frame by krikey - Thingiverse if you’d like to have a look.

Thingiverse is littered with such models.

The advent of cheap resin printers (some less than £150) and the appearance of LW PLAs (lightweight Polylactic Acid) has revolutionised what can be printed, with entire airframes and wings from the likes of 3D Lab Print & Eclipson to name but 2.

I’ve been absent from the hobby for a number of years but would dearly love to get back into flying again, my particular love is in planks more than quads, but I’ve been known to fly/crash the odd multirotor too.

I’d love to hear about your 3D printer game changers or utter disasters.

1 Like

Hello there Krikey, good to see you here.